NCS are currently working on the VIE relocation at Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Site expansion has necessitated the relocation of the back-up VIE (oxygen storage tank) from outside the institute of Transplantation to an area identified in the Podium Yard on the freeman Hospital Estate.
The works include:
- New concrete base for VIE and associated controls.
- Hard standing delivery base.
- Excavate trench by hand and lay precast concrete duct channels.
- Lay electrical duct in trench with draw cord.
- Erect new fence around compound for tank.
- Reinstate tarmac areas.
- New road markings.
- Install new oxygen pipework and connections.