NCS are highly experienced working on live production plants, delivering first class work whilst minimising disruption to our client’s operations. We have developed a highly skilled workforce that are experienced with the demands of working within ‘live’ process plants, that are used to developing the design as works dictate and understand that programme dates and safety standards cannot be compromised.
Campact Process Plant Redevelopment, Hexham
NCS were appointed Principal Civils Contractor for the redevelopment of the Campact Process Plant, a top tier COMAH site. The project was phased to allow the existing ‘live’ facility to work 24/7 and due to the chemicals produced within this part of the plant, detailed planning was essential so as not interrupt the Client’s demanding manufacturing schedule and to avoid clashes between civils and process works.
Due to tight timescales, NCS commenced with minimal design and this was developed as the works progressed on site. To achieve this relied on a team approach, collaborative working and an open and honest dialogue between client, contractors and structural engineers.
These works comprised the following : construction of several reinforced concrete structures between 6m and 9m in height; process plant foundations; pipe bridge supports; three storey reinforced concrete office and control building; structural steelwork alterations; demolition and dismantling of existing process plant; drainage and external concrete slabs; piled foundations; road widening; supply and installation of HDPE pressure pipelines.
Egger Lamination Line E Project
Egger (UK) Ltd
NCS Civils were appointed as Principal Contractor for the civils, building and structural works for a new process line to be installed in an existing live building at Egger (UK) Ltd. Due to the quick start of the Project, NCS were brought in early as part of the delivery team to provide planning, programming, buildability and budget advice for the civil engineering works.
• Demolition of structures, removal of structural steel columns, demolition of offices and enabling works for the new process line
• Alterations to the existing building for new offices, canteen and welfare including refurbishment and new build works
• Form new openings in existing structural steel building and existing precast concrete building for construction of a new steel and clad link between the two existing buildings
• Remove existing structural steel columns, supply and install new structural twin steel beams to allow the removal of existing structural columns to give greater spans for installation of the new process line within the existing building
• Construct reinforced concrete machine pits up to 5m depth including design of temporary works, dewatering and minimising dust due to the existing ‘live’ client production line being a dust sensitive process
• Installation of high pressure process pipe work
The new process line was constructed between four other ‘live’ lines which worked 24 hours a day seven days/week; all civils works were completed with no disruption to the clients production. This required considerable co-ordination with Egger and the other members of the delivery team. Due to the tight project timescales, it was necessary to work nights, weekends and during shutdowns.
The works were successfully completed with no disruption to the Clients ongoing operations, on programme and with no safety incidents.
BOC Group Ltd
The works comprised the refurbishment of an existing office building and plant yard to allow BOC to relocate their premises.
The project consisted of areas of demolition including asbestos removal and disposal under carefully controlled conditions, building fabric alterations including new roller shutter doors, and internal layout amendment to provide new office facilities, mechanical & electrical works. The external requirements included concrete slab replacements, new bases for BOC storage tanks, perimeter fencing, footpaths and parking bays.
Find out more
If you'd like to know more about NCS or you have a project to discuss, we'd love to hear from you - please give us a call or drop us a line.